Volunteer Application Process
2021 Recruitment is Closed!
Clackamas Fire District #1 is pleased to announce the 2021 volunteer recruitment for Support Volunteer, Suppression Volunteer Firefighter, and Volunteer Water Tender Operator. The mission of Clackamas Fire is to safely protect and preserve life and property. We are looking for individuals who have the ability to embody accountability, integrity, and flexibility. Be a volunteer firefighter to get mentored, coached, and trained by the best!
You must submit an application to Clackamas Fire District #1, including the supplemental questions. The application filing period opens on December 3, 2020 and closes on February 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. You must include a cover letter, resume, and all certifications and documentation through your NeoGov registration and not Clackamas Fire District #1.
- You must successfully complete the Physical Agility Course
- You must successfully complete the Clackamas Fire District #1 Testing Process
- You must successfully complete the pre-employment NFPA 1582 Physical
- You must successfully complete a psychological profile evaluation
- You must successfully pass a background check clearance
- You must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test
- You must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- You must successfully pass the Clackamas Fire District #1 Volunteer Firefighter Suppression Academy
Click HERE to view the recruitment timeline which includes dates, times, and locations for the testing requirements and post-testing clearance.
If you have any questions regarding the 2021 recruitment, contact Volunteer Services Administrative Technician Peggy Gitts-Hauck at 503.742.2652.